Nothing kicks your day off right like a tasty breakfast. What’s even better than a morning snack that tastes good, though? If you said a morning snack that’s also good for you, you’re correct!
Healthy eating isn’t always yummy, but you don’t have to force yourself into eating things you don’t like just to eat clean. Instead, try one of these delicious but healthy smoothies! They’re jam packed full of ingredients that, despite their great taste, will actually do your body good. Some of them have healthy anti-oxidants for boosting your immune system, some will benefit your stomach and digestion, and others will help you diet safely without missing out on the nutrients you need.
1. The Memory Enhancer
You read that right! Clean Eating Mag‘s delicious combination of strawberries and chopped nuts actually provides you with the vitamins and nutrients you need to beat brain fog from lack of iron and retain information better. To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- 1 chopped, raw Brazil nut
- 1 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned cannellini beans (optional).
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds (ground)
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 cups of water
2. Bananas and Ginger for Digestion
If your stomach is prone to discomfort or sensitivity to different foods, a smoothie that helps it digest better is a great breakfast option for you. Try Prevention‘s banana ginger recipe. This smoothie will help keep the bacteria in your intestines healthy, soothing common things like nausea and heart burn. On top of that, its fruity-but-spicy taste is completely delicious. To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- 1 whole banana (sliced)
- 3/4 cups (6 oz) of vanilla yogurt (if you like your smoothies thick and creamy, try Greek vanilla yogurt!)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of ginger (freshly grated)
If the smoothie is too thick for your taste or won’t make it through your straw, feel free to add a bit of water.
3. Cinnamon Chai Tea Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Maybe you’re the kind of person who wants to eat clean but doesn’t like the idea of just having a drink at breakfast time? The more substantial cinnamon chai tea banana smoothie from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen might be more your style! Not only is this smoothie dairy free, egg free, gluten free, and paleo, but it’s also more filling because it includes whey protein. TO make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- 1 6 oz cup of chai tea (pre-brewed and cooled)
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 whole banana (frozen)
- 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 5 ice cubes
If you find the smoothie isn’t sweet enough, try adding a few drops of honey!
4. Blueberries and Kale?!
When it comes to smoothies, berries and leafy greens make for a tasty combination, no matter how weird it sounds. Skinny taste‘s banana kale smoothie is packed full of anti-oxidants to kick start your immune system in the winter and keep you healthy all year round. Don’t be alarmed by the color- we promise it’s still delicious! To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of blueberries (frozen)
- 1 cup of baby kale (loosely packed)
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter (or, if you’re not a fan of peanuts, try hazelnut butter!)
- 3/4 cup of vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 of banana (frozen)
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup of ice
5. Orange Dream Creamsicle Smoothie
Any smoothie is healthy if you use the right ingredients, but sometimes taste is the priority! Sure, Prevention‘s orange dream creamsicle smoothie is low calorie and full of vitamin C, but it’s also just plain scrumptious. Try this refreshing smoothie if you’re worried that the scratchy feeling in your throat might turn into something worse, or even if you’re just craving something tropical! To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- 1 navel orange (peeled)
- 1/4 cup of fat-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp of frozen orange juice concentrate.
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
Once you’ve chosen your ideal smoothie, put all your ingredients in the blender and process them until they’re smooth and creamy. Enjoy your day knowing that your yummy breakfast choice has done your body good!
Do you have a favourite breakfast smoothie for staying healthy and eating clean? Share the recipe with us below!