There’s a reason overnight oats have taken the internet by storm. The ability to pull a readymade breakfast out of the fridge is priceless. I constantly walk the line of wanting an easy breakfast, and wanting to eat something delicious. I mean… Isn’t breakfast the most important meal of the day?
But delicious tends to suffer, when pitted against things like doing my hair or sleeping an extra 15 minutes. Sleep tends to win (if I ever meet the person that thought that snooze button was a good idea…) and if I didn’t do my hair? Well… I’m sure you can imagine how that would end. Hint: not well.
Overnight oats have been my go-to solution. All the ingredients are shaken together the night before and the oats magically soften in the fridge overnight. All that’s left to do in the morning is twist off the lid and dig in.
Now, lets talk about dessert for breakfast. Healthy Banana Cream Pie inspired overnight oats. Yes, I sad healthy and Cream Pie in the same sentence. No, I don’t take it back.
These dessert inspired oats are the real deal. They are impossibly creamy and sweet without any dairy or sugar. They are naturally sweetened, packed with whole grain goodness, and taste like an indulgent dessert. Bonus – they are easily gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
Solving the worlds problems one jar of effortless breakfast at a time.
Ingredients for banana overnight oats:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut whipped cream
Directions to prepare delicious banana overnight oats:
- In a blender combine the almond milk, bananas, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the oats and the banana mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in the whipped coconut cream. Ladle into jars or other lidded container sand place in the fridge overnight. The next morning, top with additional banana slices if desired and dig in.