A super-easy recipe for Asian salmon recipe in paper. Delicious and healthy, this Asian Baked Salmon is cooked in paper along with the sauce and vegetables to keep everything moist, tender and full of flavor. Cooking it in this way is so simple, and of course it saves a ton of washing up!
Everyone loves getting their own parcel to open at the table! I like to serve it with rice, which soaks up the juices from the Asian salmon beautifully.
Cooking the salmon in this way really helps to ensure it won’t dry out in the oven. The salmon just flakes apart.
You can also try different sauce ingredients if you’re cooking with a particular theme in mind.
Here are some great combinations:
- Thai paste with a little coconut cream, fish sauce and lime juice
- Tomato puree, fresh chilies and olives
- Olive oil, tomatoes, garlic and oregano
The kids also love a ‘pizza version’ with tomato puree and chopped bell peppers – followed by a sprinkling of cheese when it comes out of the oven!
Here’s what you’ll need for the Asian Salmon recipe:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 + ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 + ½ tbsp honey
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup baby corn (preferably fresh, but canned is ok)
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- 1 red chili, sliced (deseed it if you don’t want it too hot)
- Small bunch scallions, chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
Step by step guide to prepare a healthy Asian salmon dish:
- Preheat the oven to 400f. Mix together the two oils, garlic, soy sauce, and honey.
- Take two large pieces of baking parchment, Fold each one in half, and cut into a semi-circle. Place a fish fillet inside, near the fold line.
- Arrange the snow peas, 3-6 baby corn and some green beans around the salmon. Spoon onto the salmon fillets.
- Fold the parchment over the salmon. Fold one corner up tightly, then continue to make little folds along the edges until the paper is completely sealed. Close the last bit by make a tight twist in the parchment. Make sure there are no gaps for the sauce to escape from. Place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes (18 minutes if you add a lot of veg to the parcels).
Serve the parcels with rice and extra vegetables if you wish. The parcels will be quite juicy, so it’s a good idea to let everyone pour out their own fish and juice onto their rice and veg.