Bowl of noodles with zucchini and chicken – An easy and super-healthy lunch – packed with flavour. Zucchini noodles make a fabulous healthy swap for spaghetti, but have you tried it raw?
Lightly crunchy with a delicate flavour, it makes an ideal base for a salad as it’ll go with anything. Steak, mozzarella, salmon, feta – it even works with tuna. The noodles soak up the flavour of any sauce or dressing, so I like to serve mine with a strong peanut dressing – maximum taste in every mouthful!
This zoodle salad also has raw collard greens, as well as radish, peppers and carrots. So many veggies = lots of color = plenty of vitamans!
Serve on its own as a vegetarian dish, or top with shredded chicken to make it a more hearty meal.
The dressing also works great over a regular salad, and you can even use it as a stir-fry sauce. I like to make extra so I have some in the refrigerator for a stir-fry later in the week (along with a squirt of sriracha).
Healthy, quick, low on the carbs and tasty too. This zoodle salad ticks all the boxes!
Here’s what you’ll need for a delicious bowl of noodles:
- 2 small or 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 radishes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2 packed cups collard greens, cut into think slices
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Small bunch cilantro, roughly torn
- Lime wedges
Thai Dressing ingredients:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice of ½ lime
Step by step preparation guide:
- Whisk together all of the Thai dressing ingredient in a small bowl.
- Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks. De-seed and thinly slice the red bell pepper, cut the radishes into small slices.
- Use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. If you haven’t got one, you could use a knife to carefully cut it into long, thin slices.
- Place the carrot, bell pepper, radishes, zucchini, shredded chicken, sliced collard greens and scallions into a large bowl. Toss everything together.