Yep, it’s that time of year- it’s just a little bit more brisk and that calls for scarves. Try these three easy scarf ideas that will enhance any fashionable look for Autumn.
#1: Scarf with a Twist
1. Place the scarf towards the back of your head.
2. Wrap around the back of the neck and bring to the front.
3. Go underneath the middle loop through the center and grab the loose end.
4. Pull the loose end through the hole.
5. Wrap it through the hole once more. Do this until there’s a smaller length at the bottom of the loose end, and repeat steps 1 through 5 on the opposite side.
5. Fluff it out a bit to make it look fuller and you’re done! Now you have a scarf with a twist, complete in only a few seconds.
#2: The Scarf Braid
1. Create this look while the scarf is not worn. Make a large loop and tie it once similar to tying a shoe.
2. Turn the loop sideways to reveal three separate “strands.” You should have two loose ends and the middle section as the “third” strand, which is part of the loop.
3. Begin the braid by wrapping the left end towards the front.
4. Now wrap the loose, right end towards the front.
4. Consider the “looped” strand as a part of the braid and continue to braid down the scarf until only a small bit of the scarf ends are left. That’s it! You now have a cute, braided scarf to wear casually.
#3: The Scarf Bow
Last but not least, it’s the scarf bow. This one is a little more challenging, as you may have to play around with it to make sure it looks like a bow, but once you get the hang of it, it will take only a few seconds.
1. Wrap the scarf around your neck from back to front. Pull the right side slightly longer than the left.
2. Make a large loop in your hand with the longest side.
3. Condense the loop in your hand to make a bow. It doesn’t have to be perfect at this step. As long as your hand is in the middle of the loop you should have two sides that resemble a bow.
4. Bring the loose end underneath the bow.
5. Bring the loose end up into the larger hole under your chin.
6. Pull it down through the hole, tightly securing the bow in place. At this point, you can remove your left hand.
7. Fluff both sides of the “loops” of the bow to give it shape and form.
8. Once “fluffed” to your liking, twist the scarf so the bow is now at an angle.
This is my favorite of the three because it is a super unique way to tie a scarf. It’s fashionable and can be styled casually or semi-formally for work!