This Warm Quinoa Salad is comfort food that’s good for you! It’s starting to feel a little too cold outside to be munching on chilled salads, straight from the refrigerator!
If you’re looking for something warming and tasty, whilst still being vibrant and healthy, then this quinoa salad makes the perfect dinner.
Cook the quinoa in stock to add extra flavor, add chunks of crispy roasted sweet potato, then load it up with fresh pomegranate, creamy goat cheese and a big pile of freshly chopped herbs.
The honey mustard dressing works so well with all of the other ingredients. Whisk it up and serve it on the side so everyone can drizzle their own on.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 soft goats cheese log (approx 4.5 oz)
- large bunch mixed herbs – we used cilantro, parsley and mint
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, warm (cook in stock for more flavor)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp honey
- Pinch salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375f. Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks. Place the chunks in a baking tin and drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and toss everything together. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
2. Chop the goat cheese into chunks and roughly chop the herbs.
3. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. The best way to do this is to slice the pomegranate in half, then hold the pomegranate-half loosely in your hand – with the cut side in the palm of your hand. Place your hand over a large bowl. Hit the back of the pomegranate half with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall into your hand, and you can them tip them into the bowl.
4. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Place the warm quinoa, goats cheese, pomegranate, roasted sweet potato and chopped herbs in a large bowl.
6. Toss everything together and serve with the honey mustard dressing.
A delicious fall dinner!