These Keto lemon bars are so yummy and so easy to make. No baking is necessary, and no extreme baking skills are required either. Lemon bars are one of the perfect summer treats, and this recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth while allowing you to feel your best. There’s nothing better than enjoying your favorite foods while still eating clean.
Not only are these keto lemon bars low-carb, but they’re also gluten-free and vegan. These squares are the perfect treat to bring to any party because of how diet-friendly they are. Almost everyone will have the freedom to enjoy every bite.
If you’re not planning on sharing these raw lemon bars, then you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. That way, you’re able to snack on them throughout the week.
Keto Lemon Bars Recipe
The ingredients you’re going to need to prepare Raw Keto Lemon Bars:
- Almond flour – Almond flour is the base of these lemon bars. Almond flour is a gluten-free flour that tends to be very crumbly. You need to make sure that you let your raw lemon bars refrigerate for long enough so that they do not fall apart. Almond flour is very low carb and is high in fat which will help keep you full.
- Maple syrup – Maple syrup is the sweetener in these lemon bars. If you do not have maple syrup, then you can use honey or agave. If you choose to use honey, do note that it is not vegan.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract is a staple ingredient in most baked goods. It helps all of the sweet flavors combine and come together nicely. It will enhance all of the sweet flavors making these raw lemon bars extra delicious.
- Lemon juice – You’re going to need 2 tbsp of lemon juice. You can use fresh lemon juice, or you can use prepackaged lemon juice. The choice is up to you.
- Lemon zest – Lemon zest has an intense lemon flavor without a lot of bitterness. Adding lemon zest to your bars is the easiest way to add more lemon flavor without the sourness.
- Shredded coconut – Lemon and coconut go so well together and taste delicious in this recipe. When buying a shredded coconut, it’s important to make sure your coconut is unsweetened. Sometimes coconut can be loaded with added sugar which would increase the number of carbs in this recipe.
- Pinch of salt – Just like vanilla, the salt will enhance certain flavors in baked goods. Instead of enhancing sweet flavors, the salt will enhance the savory flavors. It doesn’t take much to do the trick, which is why you only need a pinch.
How to prepare Keto Raw Lemon Bars:
Set all wet ingredients (maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice) in a medium bowl. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine.
Add dry ingredients and stir very well to combine. The result should be a thick paste.
Line a 6’’ tray with baking paper or parchment paper (avoid baking paper if using a silicone tray).
Pour the paste into the tray pressing with your fingers until all the surface is well cover and level. Your squares should be about 1/2 inch thick.
Refrigerate for 2 hs for it to harder.
Divide it into 9 square bars.
Tips for making Keto Raw Lemon Bars:
Use Almond Flour – It can be very easy to confuse almond flour with almond meal. It’s necessary that you use almond flour because the almond meal has a thicker texture which will not give you the desired outcome. Almond flour will absorb moisture and result in better tasting lemon bars.
Top with lemon slices- This is shown in the picture above, but if you want to add extra flavor, you may add a small thin lemon slice to the tops of your bars. Not only does it taste yummy, but it also looks pretty.
Top with powdered sugar – If you’re someone who has an intense sweet tooth, feel free to top these bars with powdered sugar. This will increase the number of carbs in the recipe, but it will make them extra sweet.
Store in the refrigerator – In order for these lemon bars to stay intact, they need to be refrigerated. If you are taking these raw lemon bars to a party, try to store them in a cool place.
Other keto recipes you may enjoy:
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- 2 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 cup shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- Set all wet ingredients (maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice) in a medium bowl. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and stir very well to combine. The result should be a thick paste.
- Line a 6’’ tray with baking paper (avoid baking paper if using a silicone tray).
- Pour the paste into the tray pressing with your fingers until all the surface is well cover and level.
- Refrigerate for 2 hs for it to harder.
- Divide it into 9 square bars.
Keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 6g