These Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges with Special Sauce are perfect for snack time! Sometimes only a great big stack of salty potato wedges will do.An evening snack with a beer or two, as a side dish or even for Gameday, these garlic baked potato wedges with parmesan totally hit the spot.
I serve mine with special sauce, which is a term some people use for the burger sauce of a certain fast food chain. For me, special sauce is a mixture of my favorite condiments! A total hack requiring no cooking skill whatsoever, but tasty nonetheless.
No need to par-bake these wedges, simply toss them in oil, salt, pepper and paprika and throw them in the oven until golden and crispy.
I add a little garlic right at the end (it will burn if you add it at the beginning of cooking), plus a good sprinkling of parmesan too. The perfect combination!
If you want to add a twist to your wedges, you can also try one of these ideas:
- Chopped bacon and scallions
- Pizza sauce with mozzarella and pepperoni (pizza wedges!)
- Melty mozzarella and jalapenos
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 large white potatoes (I use Maris Piper)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (I use French’s)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425f. Slice the potatoes into wedges (leave the skin on) and arrange on a metal baking tray. Drizzle on the oil, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, black pepper and paprika. Toss everything together with your hands, then place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Turn them over once or twice during cooking (you may need to use a metal spatula in case any of the wedges stick to the tray).
2. Add the minced garlic to the potatoes and toss everything again. Sprinkle with the parmesan and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt. Take out of the oven.
3. Mix together the special sauce ingredients.
4. Place the potatoes wedges in a serving bowl and top with the chopped parsley. Serve with the special sauce.