Like peanut butter? You’ll love this chocolate peanut butter smoothie! Oh yes, this is one indulgent smoothie. Peanut butter, milk, banana, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and extra nutty sprinkles. You need this frosty drink in your life! It’s not too sweet – most of the flavor coming from the peanut butter, but you can always add extra chocolate sauce if you have a sweet tooth…..
Blend it up with lots of ice for a treat that will keep you cool on a hot summer day!
My kids love getting the smoothie maker out. It’s a great way to get some extra fruit into them. This smoothie is more of an indulgent treat rather than a recommended breakfast replacement – but it does at least have banana in it!
If you’re not a huge fan of peanut butter, you can replace it with Nutella.
Fudge sauce or salted caramel sauce also make some great but naughty additions!
Do you have a favorite indulgent smoothie? Send us your snaps on Facebook @DIYSCom!
Here’s what you’ll need for the chocolate peanut butter smoothie:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1+ 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup milk (whole or half fat works best)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp Chopped nuts
Step by step instruction to prepare the smoothie:
- Whip the cream until it just holds it’s shape. Put to one side.
- Place the ice, milk, banana, peanut butter and cocoa powder into a blender cup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and pipe on top (or spoon on top, but be careful the glass doesn’t overflow). Drizzle on the chocolate sauce and top with chopped nuts.
- Serve immediately!