Fruit juices are great because they’re full of vitamins and they’re refreshing and tasty. But, can you freeze fruit juices or will that ruin them?
Fruit juices are something everyone enjoys, whether young or old, and finding ways to store it for longer can help save money in the long run.
Can You Freeze Fruit Juice?
It is very easy to freeze fruit juice, but you still need to take some precautions. Make sure the juice is the most concentrated and the freshest possible.
How to Freeze Fruit Juice?
As mentioned, you have to make sure that your fruit juice is as fresh as possible. If you made it yourself, it’s great to put it in the freezer soon after you’re done making it. Store-bought juice should be frozen soon after opening the bottle/carton.
Take orange juice as an example:
- To have a better orange juice, preheat it by rubbing it between your hands and in hot water for a few minutes.
- Then press with an orange press and put the concentrated juice in a plastic bottle.
- Leave the cap open during the first 24 hours of freezing.So you have to make sure that the bottle is standing up.
- After 24 hours, extend the bottle in the freezer. You can close the bottle and set the temperature of the freezer to 42° F. In this way, you can keep your juice for a long time.
Freezing Fruit Juice – Ice Cubes
Another fun solution to freeze fruit juices is to make ice cubes. This method is ideal for lemon juice.
- I fill the ice cube trays with the juice and freeze them at -13 ° F.
- When they are ready, I put them in a freezer bag and store them under -0.4 ° F for long-term storage.
- This way of freezing is especially ideal for the juice of lemon, but it can also be done for the other fruits and even for the juice in brick.
How to Thaw Fruit Juice?
When you next crave to have some fruit juice, you can take out the frozen bottle and place it in the fridge overnight, or at least for a few hours. You could also place it on the counter.
As for frozen fruit juice in ice cube shape, simply put the ice cubes in half a glass of water. This is why it is essential that the frozen juice is very concentrated.