No-Bake fruit pizza recipe – A simple and attractive summer dessert! Fruit for dessert never really seems like dessert. Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious and healthy, but I want something that feels a little bit naughty to finish off a meal. A large slice of cake or a sticky pudding probably isn’t the best choice to go for, so this dessert pizza is a happy medium that ticks all the boxes.
Piles of juicy fresh fruit nestled in a layer of cheesecake cream, all resting on top of a base of crumbly pastry.
A drizzle of chocolate sauce also goes down rather well!
And it’s so easy!! You don’t even have to make the base. Simply buy a ready-made sweet pie/tart base and trim off the edges (save them to dip into any leftover cheesecake cream – cooks treat!). The cheesecake cream is whipped up in a flash, and then you can add whatever fruit you have in.
This one is a rainbow of colors with blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and mango. A single-colored fruit pizza with a few mint leaves can also look beautifully dramatic (think blueberry-blackberry or strawberry-cherry-redcurrant).
Here’s what ingredients you need for the pizza fruit recipe:
- 1 x 8-inch diameter sweet-pastry case
- 1 small mango
- 2 small kiwi fruits
- 4-6 strawberries
- 1/2 cup red grapes (leave them on the vine for a prettier look)
- 1/2 cup sweet blackberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Small bunch fresh mint
Cheesecake Cream ingredients:
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
Step by step directions to prepare a delicious summer dessert.
- Carefully trim the edges off the pie base. Put to one side.
- Make the cheesecake cream by whisking the heavy cream until it holds it’s shape. Add the cream cheese and whisk to combine, then finally whisk in the confectioners’ sugar. Put to one side.
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruit and mango. Slice the strawberries. I like to have a combination of slices and chunks.
- Place the pastry base on a serving dish and spread on the cream cheese, leaving a thin border. Arrange the strawberries and kiwi fruit on top, then scatter on the mango blackberries and blueberries. Leaving the grapes on the vine, split into two or three small bunches and arrange on top. Finish off with fresh mint leaves and a few finely chopped pieces of strawberry. Note: You may have some fruit left over – it depends on how high you like to pile your pizza.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to two hours before serving.