Creamy broccoli casserole is a savory and delicious comfort food that makes the perfect side dish. This recipe is keto and healthy so you can enjoy it while sticking to your diet. Is there anything better than being able to enjoy your favorite foods while feeling your best?
The idea of Keto Broccoli Casserole was inspired by a recipe we found on Green and Keto— a website with tons of keto recipes and resources. If you’re someone who is trying to watch your carbs, you should definitely check out their website!
Ingredients for Keto Broccoli Casserole:
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed – Broccoli has so many health benefits and it also aids in weight loss. Broccoli is low-carb, low-calorie, and high-fiber which means it’s going to keep you full for a longer period of time without the calories. You can steam fresh broccoli for this recipe or steam frozen broccoli.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened – Cream cheese is what makes this recipe so delicious. Cream cheese has an amazing texture and it bakes so well with broccoli. One package of cream cheese is 8 ounces.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded – Cheddar cheese has a sharp and flavorful taste to it. Cheddar cheese is low-carb and high fat which makes it perfect for a keto diet. To lower the number of calories, you can use reduced fat cheddar cheese.
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing – Ranch dressing is going to add more creaminess and a ranch flavor to this keto broccoli casserole recipe. We think ranch makes it taste extra savory and delicous!
- Salt and pepper to taste – Salt and pepper are staples in almost every side dish recipe. Not only does salt add extra flavor, but it also enhances the other savory flavors. You can add as much salt and pepper to your casserole as you’d like.
- ¼ cup additional shredded cheese of choice – Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese would taste great topped on this keto casserole. Again, to lower the number of calories you can opt for a reduced fat style cheese.
How to prepare the Keto Broccoli Casserole: Step by Step Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, the shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the broccoli.
Pour the broccoli mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the ¼ cup of cheese over the broccoli.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has completely melt and has a nice golden brown hue. Enjoy!
Why you’ll love this keto casserole recipe:
- This recipe is only four steps and uses basic ingredients! It’s so simple, easy, and there’s no expert cooking skills required to make this casserole.
- Not only is this recipe easy, but it’s quick. You can make this recipe in under 25 minutes which makes it the perfect keto side dish for busy weeknights.
- Even though this recipe is healthy, it’s also kid approved! The creamy middle and cheesy top make this the perfect keto side dish for kids. It’s not loaded with sugar or refined carbs so it will keep them from going on that “sugar-high.”
Storing and reheating keto broccoli casserole:
You can easily prep keto broccoli casserole and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Prepping healthy food is a great way to stay on track with your goals. To reheat this broccoli casserole, you can place it in the oven at 350 degrees f and cook until the cheese is bubbly. You can also microwave in intervals until warm.
If you’d like to store this casserole for a longer period of time, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To reheat a frozen broccoli casserole, you should bake at 350 degrees f until the cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition information for keto broccoli casserole:
Carbs – Since this recipe is keto, there are very few net carbs in this recipe. Broccoli is a vegetable which means it does contain carbs but it has a high amount of fiber. Fiber is very good for you and lowers the number of net carbs. (Net carbs = grams of carbs – grams of fiber). This recipe will easily fit into a keto and low-carb diet. It’s a great low-carb side dish!
Protein – Since this is a side dish, there is not a significant source of protein in this recipe. If you’d like to make this a full meal, you can add grilled chicken to this recipe.
Fat – This recipe does contain a large amount of fat. Cheese is a high-fat and low-carb food. If you’d like to lower the calories and fat content, you can opt for low-fat cheese. Fat fits into a keto diet and helps keep you feeling full for a long period of time.
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup additional shredded cheese of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, the shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour the broccoli mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the ¼ cup of cheese over the broccoli.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has completely melt and has a nice golden brown hue. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g