We love sharing tips and tricks on keeping your home clean. And when it comes to all that spring tidying and germ-fighting secrets, we know that a good vacuum is something every house needs to start to conquer dust and dirt. That’s why we’ve already been gushing on what to use to get your floors in tip-top shape.
Today though, we’ve got a bit of a twist in store for you. How can you keep your floors clear of debris without splurging too much at the stores? Well, here are the best vacuums that have the best bang for your buck, in fact, these are the 10 best vacuums under $100.
Do I Really Need A Vacuum?
Just in case you need a reminder…
Every household needs a vacuum, no matter what floors you have inside. It does not matter if you are living in a multi-level home that is filled with hardwood or you are nestled inside a ranch-style beauty that is covered in plush carpet, a vacuum is an absolute necessity. You just cannot go without! The real question here actually comes in the form of, “What type of vacuum do I need?” And that is where we are here to help you.
Depending on your floors and some other aspects of your life (i.e. do you have pets or children?), it depends on the route you need to take when shopping. We just so happen to be focusing on homes with hair today. I know you are probably thinking that sounds a little ridiculous, right?
Every home has hair, most likely, so why do you need to pay attention to this list specifically? Well, if you are in a home with pets that shed or a lot of ladies or gents with long locks, you may notice that a standard vacuum may be consistently tangled up in those tresses that you have swept up for the better half of the year. And with the right model, that won’t exactly happen.
Different Types of Vacuums
We’ve done it before, but we’ll lend you the guide again.
Here’s a quick rundown on the basic, different types of vacuums and what you may need them for.
- Canister:These vacuums do not look like your traditional, standard model. Instead, they come in a connected, two-piece design that includes a canister unit and a handle. They’re easy to move around the floors and work best on hard surfaces such as hardwood.
- Upright:When we think vacuum, most of us immediately go to the image of the upright design. It’s the most traditional and has some of the most versatile variations. They are used mostly for carpeted floors, including thick, high pile materials.
- Robot: One of the funniest picks on the list comes in the form of the robot vacuum. They are one of the more luxurious options as well because you can just schedule your quick cleaning while never lifting a finger. They do not do as well as the manual devices, but they will help to keep your hardwood or carpets from getting too dirty between deep cleans.
- Handheld/Portable: For the smaller jobs comes the handheld or portable vacuum options. These are great for cars, stairs, or harder-to-reach areas of the house.
- Pet Vacuum: Othervacuums are specifically designed to deal with pets – and their hair. The difference in design from atraditional vacuum comes with its beater brush which cansometimes detach or technology that makes hair tanglesimpossible.
- Stick Cleaner:These designs are known as the “in-between” model. They give you what you need in the realm of the upright model and the handheld vacuum. Usually, they are lightweight in design and used for quicker cleanups such as kitchens or apartments.
What To Look For When Buying A Vacuum?
There are several clear specifics you should be looking into when you’re on the hunt for your next vacuum purchase. Depending on your needs, it depends on what variation to go with.
Pay attention to these categories throughout your shopping:
- Type of Floor: As we mentioned previously, there arespecific models designedspecifically for certain types of floor or certain problems your space may face. You must take this into account whensearching for a new device to fit the needs you have in your home. Hardwood floors, high pile carpets,
- Size & Weight: Honestly, this has less to do with the hair and more to do with your needs. If you have to carry the vacuum around an extra-large home or a variety of floors, you may want to focus on finding a design that is easily mobile and lightweight. Who wants to carry a heavy, clunky vacuum around anyway?
- Bag vs. Bagless: When shopping for a new vacuum, this is a feature that always needs to be considered. There are so many different models out there and so many different preferences in terms of bagged versus bagless requirements. In terms of hair, it really does not matter! Again, this is all about personal preference and how you want to be able to clean your vacuum when the time comes.
Best Vacuum Cleaners
If you’re looking to get a new vacuum cleaner, you can check out our list and pick your favorite!
Allow us to start off this list with the Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum. Available in a variety of fun colors such as purple, orange, and teal, it’s a family-friendly and user-friendly favorite. It features a OnePass technology that includes powerful suction, an innovative brush design and known for its removal of most surface debris (that’s what its multi-cyclonic suction system does!).
Thankfully, it’s also a lightweight design making it an easy chore for the entire family to chip in and help get accomplished on a daily basis. The dirt bin is large and easy to empty, so no wasting time in that department either.
With its purchase, you’ll get specialized tools such as the TurboBrush Handheld Motorized tool for cleaning your furniture and a pre-and post-motor filter system that you can wash!
- Lightweight design
- Colorful options
- Multi-cyclonic suction
- Not a great option for hardwood floors
Allow us to now move on to the Karcher TV Indoor Wet/Dry Vacuumfeaturing the perfect design for spot cleaning, hard-to-reach areas, and when dealing with cars and pets! In fact, this mode was made for all types of cleaning with its 3-foot hose stretch and 20-foot cord capacity (with storage).
Don’t forget, though that with this vacuum you get the chance to do both dry and wet cleaning. It features a powerful suction, lightweight design, and a tool kit that includes a standard and wide crevice, dusting brush, extension wands, floor tool, turbo/pet tool, and storage bag.
- Wet & dry cleaning option
- Multiple tools included
- Compact design
- Suction less powerful with attachments
The Stanley Wet/Dry 3-Gallon Vacwill wet clean, dry clean, floor clean, crevice clean, and even help with the outdoor cleaning. Basically, this compact design can really help you do it all and get it done in an efficient amount of time. It can even be used as a blower to clean up your outdoor areas throughout the fall!
We love how lightweight and mobile the model is. Even better, the storage for all its interactive pieces sits right on its side, making it easy to clean up and store when the actual cleaning is finished for the day. It’s also featuring a 4 HP motor providing you with a strong suction for whatever job it may bear.
- Wet & dry cleaning option
- 4 HP motor
- Compact design with storage
- May leak
Check out the Bissell CleanView Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum! Firstly, allow us to remind you that when you buy Bissell, you save pets. For every Bissell purchase, the company donates to the Bissell Pet Foundation. How amazing is that?!
Now, when it comes to this vacuum, take note that it’s perfect for pet lovers! It includes a powerful hair pick-up with its triple action brush roll, and it features swivel steering to get around all the furniture in your house. And it’s bagless too, so you just empty the dirt bin and move along!
- Bagless, easy-empty
- Triple action brush roll
- Swivel steering
- Attachment pieces may be fragile
If you’re in need of something quick, easy, and light to sweep up some corners, you may want to take a peek at the Meiyou Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner. What’s amazing about this lightweight model is that it can take care of your hardwood floors and your carpets.
Featured within this design are some of our shoppers’ best kept additions, including the HEPA filter system and powerful cyclonic suction. There’s also a brush tool and a crevice tool that’s included in the pack, making every day, harder-to-read cleaner a lot easier for everyone to manage.
- HEPA Filter
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Powerful cyclonic suction
- May have a shorter life span
One of the most affordable finds on the list is the Bissell Featherweight Stick Bagless Vacuum. Yes, you saw that price point right! It’s only $25, and you’ll be amazed at the clean-up power. This is perfect for apartments, dorm rooms, offices, and even in teachers’ classrooms! It also comes in a variety of colors, including blue, lime, black and purple.
It’s super convenient to use with user-friendly features. And even though it’s a smaller, more budgetable buy, it’s more powerful than you may think! The best benefit, though, is the fact that you can use it on both hard floors and carpet surfaces.
- Hard & carpet floor compatible
- Extremely affordable
- Lightweight and mobile
- Phased out model – parts may be hard to find
Next on our fun-filled list is the Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner! First of all, it’s bagless, so the clean-up is even easier than some of the bagged models – and no more spending extra money on replacements!
Because of its dynamic motor, its brush roll can pick up stubborn debris even though it’s a really lightweight vacuum. Take note that this model will work on hard floors, carpets, and shag rugs without hurting any materials or scratching any surfaces. Some attachments included are the crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool.
- Bagless model
- Dynamic Motor
- Works on all floors
- May be loud
We’re in love with this Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Vacuum! Again, this one is bagless, so the clean-up is a bit easier, and you won’t be shelling out extra cash on replacement bags. Did you notice the V-shape head, by the way? This innovative look directs larger debris into the centered suction path, making it easier to sweep up.
The model maneuvers around furniture quite easily as well – perfect for apartments, studios, and even dorm rooms. Bissell is still donating to their pet foundation with each purchase, too (always a benefit!).
- V-shape head
- Bagless model
- Easy to maneuver
- Possibility of clogging
For those looking for an affordable canister vacuum, you’ll find your perfect fit with thisBissell Zing Canister 2156 Vacuum. You honestly can’t beat a $60 price tag, and its dirt cup is 2 liters – a lot of cleaning for a smaller budget! It has powerful suction, and no bags will be needed in its lifetime.
Thankfully, you’ll be able to use this model on both hard floors and your carpets, and it includes a 15 feet cord for easy cleaning around the home. And it weighs less than 8 pounds, so the kiddos can help with the chores too!
- Lightweight design
- Exceptional price point
- Bagless model
- Attachments may come loose
And finally, we have the GeeMo Corded 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum to dive into. Its suction is known to help sweep up larger, stubborn debris and will work on hard floors, throw rugs, and carpets as well. The model is user-friendly, and even the kiddos will be able to join in on this daily chore to help out.
It features a HEPA filter that can be washed and improve the air quality while in use. There’s a 12-month warranty included in the purchase as well for those who want an extra piece of mind attached.
- HEPA filter system
- User-friendly surface
- Warranty included
- May have a shorter lifespan
Well, there you have it. This is a solid list of proof that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a vacuum to get the jobs you need inside of the house done – and done well. In fact, you don’t even have to spend $100 to keep those corners clear. Instead, you can budget wisely and snag one of these amazing finds instead. You can thank us later!