So full of goodness, these avocado breakfast toasts will give you lots of energy for the day! Who doesn’t love eggs on toast for breakfast! So quick and easy, they make the perfect go-to meal when you need something fast.
Today we’re taking our eggs up a notch with the addition of creamy avocado, salty feta and a little heat from a drizzle of sweet chili sauce.
I’ve made this for brunch so many times lately – it’s a little addictive!
I’ve been eating more and more avocados recently. The nutritional benefits are just astounding – with over 20 vitamins and minerals, it’s claimed they decrease the risk of diabetes, heart disease and osteoporosis, whilst making you feel energised and satiated. Definitely some good reasons to make this for lunch!
Change up the toast as you see fit. Today I’ve gone with toasted Dutch crunch bread, but rye toast, multi-grain or sourdough all work great.
I’ve also sprinkled on a little parsley as well as some black and white sesame seeds at the end. Chia seeds and pumpkin seeds make great additions too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves 1 hungry person
- 2 slices bread – we used dutch crunch bread
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1. Toast the bread until golden brown.
2. Whilst the bread is toasting, heat up the oil in a small skillet. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan – trying not to break the yolks. Cook for 1 minute, then place a lid on (this helps the top of the egg to cook) and cook for a further minute or two, until the white has set, but the yolk is still runny. Turn off the heat.
3. Slice the avocado in half. Remove the stone and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Slice the avocado thinly.
4. Place the toasted bread on a plate and top with the sliced avocado. Carefully place on the eggs. Sprinkle on the feta, parsley, salt, pepper and the black and white sesame seeds. Drizzle with sweet chili sauce.