Delicious no-bake granola bars. Perfect for a speedy breakfast or a lunchbox treat! These nutty, delicious granola bars are so simple to make. No baking required, and they keep for at least a week! Sounds like the perfect excuse to make them in our opinion.
Get the kids involved, they’ll love stirring in the cranberries and chocolate chips, then squishing the mixture down in the tin.
If you want to make it extra fun, you can even place another tin on top of the granola bar tin and get the kids to jump up and down on the top tin – preferably with clean feet!This squashes the granola bars so well, that they won’t be at risk of crumbling when you take a bite!
They’re filling and so addictive. A great idea for breakfast on the run.
You can also mix and match some of the ingredients. White chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, raisins, toffee pieces, almonds – whatever you have in.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Makes 12 bars
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Place the oats and nuts in large bowl. Add in the all but 1 tbsp of the dried cranberries and all but 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips and mix together. Add the peanut butter and honey, and stir until well combined.
2. Spoon the mixture into an 8×8 inch square baking tin that has been lined with parchment paper. Flatten the mixture with the spoon, then place a piece of parchment paper on top. Use another same-sized tray, or something heavy to squash the mixture into the tin as much as you can. The more compacted it is, the less likely the granola bar will fall apart later.
3. Remove the parchment paper that’s on top of the mixture and sprinkle on the reserved cranberries and chocolate chips. Push them in with your fingers.
4. Wrap the tin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for one hour. Remove from the freezer, take out of the tin and peel off the parchment paper. Place on a chopping board and cut into 12 slices.
5. Serve immediately, or wrap and place in the refrigerator (you can store them at room temperature, but keeping them in the fridge will help to keep them firm). The bars should keep for one week.