Keto stuffed peppers are an easy and savory dinner that will keep you satisfied, feeling full, and keep your blood sugar down! It’s such a great family dinner for busy weeknights because its quick, healthy, and kid-approved.
These low-carb peppers have a source of healthy fats, protein, and vegetables. Eating healthy does not have to be boring or bland!
This delicious keto stuffed pepper recipe was inspired from Green and Keto. You can find so many delicious recipes that are delicious but will help you stay on track with your diet. There’s nothing better than being able to enjoy your favorite foods while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Low-cost keto meal
Not only is this recipe savory, juicy, and delicious, but it’s also a low-cost keto meal. All of the ingredients can be found at a local grocery store for an affordable price. To cut back on costs even more, you can buy green bell peppers (as they are usually cheaper than red, yellow, or orange peppers!). This is another reason why these keto bell peppers make a great family dinner!
The ingredients you for keto stuffed bell peppers:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – Olive oil is a healthy fat that makes recipes juicy and flavorful. In this recipe, you’re going to sautee onions and garlic in olive oil which will allow all of the flavors to combine nicely.
- 1 large onion, diced – Onions are a low-cost and effective way to add tons of flavor to any recipe. Not to mention, onions are keto friendly and have many health benefits.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced – Garlic is another low-cost way to add tons of flavor to any keto meal. Garlic is a pantry staple that tastes to-die-for when paired with onion and olive oil!
- 1 lb ground beef – Ground beef is a great source of protein! To lower the calories and fat content in this recipe, you can purchase a lean cut of ground beef or even substitute for turkey burger! The choice is yours! We would recommend using a leaner cut of beef so there is less grease when cooking.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce – Soy sauce is a salty sauce that can easily be thrown into almost any recipe. Soy sauce tastes amazing when it’s paired with garlic and onion. It’s very flavorful so you won’t need much soy sauce to see the full effects!
- ½ teaspoon salt – Salt not only adds flavor to these keto stuffed peppers, but it also enhances all of the other savory flavors. You can add more salt onto your peppers before serving if you’d like.
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – Pepper is another pantry staple that should not be left out of this recipe! As with the salt, feel free to add more pepper to your stuffed peppers before serving!
- 2 cups riced cauliflower* – Cauliflower rice is keto friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free. It’s a great healthy alternative to traditional rice and will help add volume to recipes and keep you full. You can use frozen cauliflower rice or make your own by following this recipe.
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice – We would recommend using mozzarella cheese for this recipe but you can use whatever you prefer. To keep the calories lower, you can opt for low-fat or fat-free mozzarella cheese.
- 3 large bell peppers – Bell peppers are the base of this recipe. You can use any color of bell pepper you’d like. Orange and yellow bell peppers are the sweetest!
The directions for how to make keto stuffed bell peppers:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Slice the tops of the bell peppers off, deseed them and remove excess membranes. Slice each bell pepper in half and place them in the baking dish in one layer. Set aside.
Now prepare the filling; in a large non-stick pan, heat up the olive oil on medium-high heat. When hot add the onions and garlic and saute for one to two minutes.
Add the ground beef and mix well for 4-5 minutes, until mostly cooked. Add in the soy sauce, salt, pepper and riced cauliflower. Fry for an extra 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Remove excess liquid and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Mix through half the shredded cheese.
Fill your peppers with the mince and cauliflower mixture and sprinkle your remaining cheese on top.
Bake the stuffed peppers for 20-25 minutes, or until the bell peppers soften and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
How long can you keep stuffed peppers in the fridge?
You can keep these keto stuffed peppers in the fridge for up to four days in an airtight container. To reheat you can rebake or microwave. If you’d like to prep these peppers ahead of time, you can store the prepped peppers in the fridge for a day in an airtight container before cooking!
Prepping these low-carb stuffed peppers beforehand is a great way to save time!
What goes good will bell peppers?
There are so many toppings and other ingredients that would go great with this recipe! Some additional toppings for keto stuffed peppers include:
- Anything else that you would normally top on pizza!
This recipe is so easy and customizable so feel free to add extra toppings to all of your stuffed peppers or only some of your stuffed peppers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups riced cauliflower*
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese of choice
- 3 large bell peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the tops of the bell peppers off, deseed them and remove excess membranes. Slice each bell pepper in half and place them in the baking dish in one layer. Set aside.
- Now prepare the filling; in a large non-stick pan, heat up the olive oil on medium high heat. When hot add the onions and garlic and saute for one to two minutes. Add the ground beef and mix well for 4-5 minutes, until mostly cooked. Add in the soy sauce, salt, pepper and riced cauliflower. Fry for an extra 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Remove excess liquid and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Mix through half the shredded cheese.
- Fill your peppers with the mince and cauliflower mixture and sprinkle your remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 20-25 minutes, or until the bell peppers soften and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g